POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruins WIP #2 : Re: Ruins WIP #2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruins WIP #2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Mar 2009 17:10:01
Message: <web.49aefb30d2360575219167190@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> approximation of the main scene in obj format, that ivy generator could do
> some really cool stuff with this image, especially if it grows from a raised
> centerplaced garden of some sort.

Ooh, tempting. I could probably output the whole scene in an obj if I put my
mind to it, my mesh macros can save .inc files, which aren't a million miles
from .obj already.

> I tend to get too absorbed in building macros to accomplish anything of this
> sort. :-p

Ha, tell me about it. I've been writing the macros that I'm using/planning to
use here for 2-3 years. It was about time I did something with it...!

> Didn't you say that you used meshes to age the building components?
> They render so quickly that I really must consider learning to use
> them...but thats for later...

They're quite quick. That image rendered in 49 mins, mostly because of radiosity
/ antialiasing. With no radiosity and simple lighting, it renders in about 15
seconds.

:)